Reasons Why are Single Women Buying More Homes? The times have changed drastically and it’s seen in many countries and especially in the US that many single women are the increasing group of the buyer of houses and properties. In recent research, the statistics show that single women are the second buyers amongst the home buyers after the married couples. 3D floor plans are also helpful in selling more homes or properties, here you can explore our Real Estate Floor Plan Services
The stats from the Joint Center for Housing Studies said:
- More than one in five home buyers is a single woman.
- Twice as many unmarried women are buying homes than single men.
- Single women make up more than one-third of the growth in real estate ownership since 1994.
Top 3 Reasons Single Women Buy a Home
- Strong desire to own her own home.
- Need more space or want a smaller home.
- Relocate closer to job, school or family.
Also, Read: Why 3D Floor Plans Important For Property Buyers?
The women in this age are voiding getting married early, instead of getting degrees and working the top paying jobs. This education factor has given more confidence to the women and an ability to buy and manage their own houses.
Some of the reasons which are leading the single ladies in buying the house are:
- One reason is the increase in the interest rate which is very favorable. This helps the ladies in considering and deciding what they can afford and manage on their own.
- The next reason for buying a home can be suitable and affordable home prices.
- The next reason for buying the house can be the increase in the rent of the flats or rooms, which is forcing them to become the homeowners instead.
- Though the income of women is still lower than the men, there has been an increase in the women’s income which is helping them in affording their own houses.
- Another reason can be the desire of these women to own a house, which is forcing them to buy a house.
- Many women have the desire to live closer to their families, and that is a trigger for them to buy a separate house.
These are some of the reasons why single women are buying more houses as compared to a single man.